The governors at Ricards Lodge High School have 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the school to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We are fortunate to have a thriving Governing Body who take an active role in the life of the school. The Governing Body meets termly and visits to the school take place throughout the year.
A message from the Chair of Governors:
I'm Chris Roberts, the Chair of the governing body. I volunteered as a governor at Ricards through the not-for-profit Governors for Schools organisation, back in 2017. I've found my time on the governing body to be hugely rewarding and this will be my second year as Chair (having been co-chair in 2022/23).
I'm always inspired by the energy of the staff and students when I come into the school and it's a privilege to be part of the Ricards community. I came to the Ricards' production of Six earlier in the year and was blown away by the talent and hard work everyone had put into the show.
You may be wondering about the school governors' role in the school and so I'm delighted to have the chance to explain a little more about some of the areas we've been focussing on with the school leadership team over this last academic year:
- developing a new vision and long-term strategy for the school
- bidding for funding for 6th form building improvements
- reviewing our governing body structure and planning for governor retirements
- reviewing the long term funding principles for the school's budget
I look forward to meeting you at future events.
If you would like to contact our chair of governors please get in touch with the clerk of the governing board at email@example.com